Thankyou for making our Planning Day a huge success. The team loved the venue and the lunch was amazing!! A very enjoyable day. I will definitely be recommending your venue to all my colleagues - the experience was fantastic!
Beating work stress - before it damages your health (Part 1)
8 Tips for Stress Fitness - build your resilience!
It is possible to build your resistance to the toxic pressures & demands life can throw at you, just as you would your physical fitness.
PLUS, for our EAs & meeting/event planners (among top most stressful jobs) ...Some inspiration for rejuvenating mind, body & soul via one of our stunning NSW venue partners.
So, please relax for a few minutes with us over your favourite cuppa & make sure you read PART 2 for your chance also to WIN the most decadent pampering gift package to assist you de-stress!
#BeInItToWinIt #EAlife #Pampering #Wellness
8 Tips to build your Stress Fitness
When your heart races, muscles tense & it’s hard to think straight. Feel overwhelmed, stressed out, unable to do anything about it… Remember that just as physical fitness can provide you with greater endurance, strength & stamina, you can increase your resistance to the negative effects of excessive pressures & demands too. (Here's some advice for building your resistance to stress - for even more detail, see full article from Sydney psychologist Sarah Edelman, click here)
1. Know your enemy: To fight stressors, first make an "action plan" of your personal triggers. What are some of the key stressors in your life? The very act of planning & executing a strategy helps reduce feelings of helplessness & frustration. Open your mind to all strategies that may improve the situation & be prepared to work through trying them one by one.
2. Get stress smart: Understanding the mechanics of stress in the body is a big help. Did you know? feeling stressed can change the way you breathe, altering the balance of gases in your body, making you feel bad? It can affect your emotions (can cause anger, lead to depression & anxiety), the way we think (concentration & memory) & way we behave (increased drinking, smoking, or insomnia)
3. Rethink your thinking: it's easy to blame environmental factors for our stress, but often it's the way we think about situations that’s a large part of the problem. A job that seems too difficult or demanding, for instance, may be more manageable if you let go of inflexible beliefs, such as the notion you should never make mistakes, or that everyone in your workplace should approve of you.
4. Practise Relaxation: Ever noticed how stiff & sore your body feels after a rough day? Tense muscles are a key part of the way our bodies respond to stress. But practising relaxation regularly, even when you're not stressed, is also a buffer to becoming stressed in the first place. (Try this 10 minute breathing exercise)
5. Be mindful: The basic philosophy of mindfulness is the resistance to unpleasant emotions or sensations that create added pain. If you can learn to just watch with curiosity, you don't get the secondary distress. You learn that thoughts are just thoughts not truths. (Here’s a short mindfulness meditation audio guide to try)
6. Balance work with play: Spend too much time on challenges & difficulties, not enough on things you enjoy & your stress fitness will suffer. Simply, "a balanced lifestyle reduces vulnerability to stress." Interests take your mind off worries, giving a sense of fun & freedom to your life.
7. Nurture relationships: Friends help distract & relax us, offer a different perspective on problems & can be a source of practical & emotional support in a crisis. Give yourself permission to have fun without guilt
8. Look after your body: We cope better with stressful situations when we have high energy levels. Regular exercise (even brisk walking) healthy diet, enough sleep, not overdoing the alcohol…
Ultimately, an holistic approach to managing
your stress is the key!
Like this article? Please share & SUBSCRIBE to be first in the know
(competitions, client events, exclusive offers, new venues, hints & tips #EventInspo)
"Because your event success starts here, with our unrivalled connections”