Thankyou for making our Planning Day a huge success. The team loved the venue and the lunch was amazing!! A very enjoyable day. I will definitely be recommending your venue to all my colleagues - the experience was fantastic!
Facts & figures of Melbourne Cup Day
It’s arguably Australia’s biggest sporting event bringing together history, horse racing, fashion and hospitality. As the official caterers at the VRC, Peter Rowland will be serving, pouring and delighting hundreds of thousands of people across the four race days.
But did you know:
- Peter Rowland employs around 1600 staff to work each day at the Carnival across all areas of the track. This includes staffing all retail bars, marquees, car parks, corporate restaurants, temporary built bars and restaurants as well as back of house – chefs, kitchen runners and stewards.
- 80 staff members will be dedicated to filling fridges each day.
- Track work each day in the lead-up to the carnival involves up to 600 horses.
- Over 280,000 beers will be served over 4 days.
- Over 48,000 glasses of G.H Mumm champagne will be drunk over the Carnival period.
- 27,000 plated meals will be served in the restaurants.
- 36,000 canapés will be plated.
- 5,200kg of seafood and 5,000kg of meat and poultry will be prepared.
- 15,000 oysters will be consumed.
- 36,000 Peter Rowland chicken sandwiches will enjoyed as they always have been.
WOW! That is some food prep the Peter Rowland Catering staff have to do!!
Credit: Peter Rowland Catering
Peter Rowland Catering are proudly affiliated with a variety of iconic and sought after venues. To book one of these venues for your next corporate function or event, ENQUIRE today, or contact your preferred Ultimate or VenueShop Consultant on 1300 843 836.
*Quote "TheVenueShop Little Black Book" when enquiring
With our best rate guarantee, you will never be disadvantaged when booking your venues or business events' suppliers via Ultimate Conferences & TheVenueShop!
“Because your event success starts here, with our unrivalled connections”
Learn more about us & our story here
Like this article? Please share with your contacts