Thankyou for making our Planning Day a huge success. The team loved the venue and the lunch was amazing!! A very enjoyable day. I will definitely be recommending your venue to all my colleagues - the experience was fantastic!
Make this Christmas the one that you put a smile on a stranger's face!
Please join our Christmas Wish project in the lead up to year end, each contribution can change a life!
Our team will be exhibiting at the final EAN congress for 2017 in Melbourne. We're setting up a "wishing tree" donation drop-off point - on expo Stand 39 at Sofitel on Collins, 29-30 November, but are certainly happy to coordinate individual collections too...
#MakeADifference #ConfidenceBeliefSuccess #ExecutiveAssistantNetwork #EAN #GiveWhereYouLive
If you clicked to "READ MORE", you are likely someone who values your career, professional development, education, empowerment & gains much satisfaction too from supporting your colleagues or perhaps passing on your own knowledge & bringing out the best in those around you.
Whether mandatory to participate or not, many of you will also work in organisations with social responsibility policies in place to benefit the wider community or those in need right around the world – some with designated charity partners or foundations in place even. But on a 1:1 level, we often hear many individuals express their passion for “paying it forward”, simultaneously voicing their questions or concerns as to how they can ensure their support actually ends up directly benefiting those for whom their donation is intended.
In the lead up to this Christmas, we would like to take this opportunity to make a heartfelt, personal appeal to all who share our values. Each & every one of us can indeed make a difference to better the life of another, focusing on the communities surrounding us here at home. Via an organisation with minimal overhead & connecting directly to those where you can see evidence of a tangible impact with positive transformations, often evident almost immediately.
- Perhaps you can help someone touched by domestic violence, mental health issues or disability…
- Youth who have had their education interrupted far too young, whether due to treatment for cancer, or family troubles leading to homelessness.
- Refugees or members of our LBGTY community experiencing prejudices & hardship… & so many more facing tremendous barriers we may or may not relate to (perhaps even find ourselves dealing with at some stage of our lives)
All of the above possess in common a genuine desire to contribute & re-enter the workforce. All they need is a little support to help them on the journey to employment that most of us take for granted...
Wear for Success (follow www.instagram.com/wearforsuccess/) are the most amazing organisation of dedicated volunteers. Embracing a truly inclusive philosophy, they dress all genders & offer workshops to assist the disadvantaged from all sectors, effecting life change on their journey to finding employment. They do not receive any government funding & provide their services to over 1,000 clients per year, entirely for free. Since 2011 Wear for Success have been “putting clothes on people, not labels”, tailoring services in a respectful, caring manner to individual clients without bias or judgement, plus offer a range of coaching sessions including resume building, interview techniques, workplace communication, computer skills & more...
Ask yourself, what would you miss most about your life if you were suddenly unemployed? What would you have to give up? Then imagine if this was prolonged over months, even years due to circumstances outside your control. When ready & able to return to the workforce, what would it mean to have someone believe in you & help you resume your place back into the world…
What should we donate to the wishing tree project?
- We encourage you to consider purchasing a pre-paid MYKI pass (at your nearest outlet or online) or a fuel card... Your assistance could be exactly what is needed for a job-seeker to be able to attend an interview, or for that all important start in a new job. As little as $10 ($20 would be amazing!) could take the burden off the job search & provide the opportunity to change the life circumstances of someone who cannot afford transport & would struggle to find the way to get to an interview or to their first week of work.
- How many MYKI or fuel “cards” can we fill our “Christmas tree” branches with?
- OR, if you would like to make a small cash contribution, we have envelopes on hand for credit card details or a monetary drop with the charity General Manager popping in to visit too...
How many lives can we impact between us? Can’t wait to share the outcome!
Of course, at Wear for Success as new (or new) corporate/work attire donations are the heart & soul, always highly valued, especially in harder to get sizes or suitable for younger clients – in particular high demand at this time of year. But often overlooked or in short supply are the staples or accessories that complete an interview outfit & much needed when starting a new job after an extended period away from work.
- Men’s business socks | Women’s hosiery – consider adding an extra pack to your next shopping basket
- Men’s ties or Women’s handbags - time for a wardrobe cull, let’s fill the branches of our wishing tree with amazing goodies!
- Here’s an idea – why not slip a MYKI card or small donation into a handbag?
- Good quality footwear – men’s in particular are incredibly hard to come by since most wear them until they wear out! (Aquila are just one example of a fabulous supporter of Wear for Success, regularly answering the call when needs are dire.
- Like to help with shoes but none to give – perhaps consider purchasing some gift vouchers for volunteers to purchase what’s needed to fit their clients & stretch the dollars further with partners who donate additional product in kind too? As little as $20 can help buy new work appropriate footwear & is so much appreciated as often the most challenging aspect to fit for clients)
Let’s work together to see how many lives we can impact this Christmas & whilst at it, chat to our team about how we can make your own lives a little easier throughout the year when it comes to your meeting & event needs. We’ll have some pretty special exclusive offers – maybe even a surprise in store for the most organised early-birds thinking ahead to Christmas 2018. Plus returning a little Christmas Karma this year, for each of you who makes a contribution to our Wishing Tree project (both posted in & for those attending dropping off in person), there will also be some giveaways & a decadent prize on offer drawn following the conclusion of the expo.
On behalf of all the dedicated volunteers & the clients who turn to them for help at Wear For Success, we thank you each of you who answer this call to action for every item donated - it just may be the one that makes the difference this Christmas! x
At TheVenueShop.com http://www.thevenueshop.com we compare apples with apples – accurate, like-for-like & presentation-ready proposals, straight to your inbox! Best rates guaranteed with no surprises, PLUS exclusive value-adds & rewards*, you reap all the benefits! The savviest of EAs rely on our fast turnaround & unrivalled connections to their advantage.
So when ready to get started on planning your next off-site, why not contact one of our Ultimate Consultants on 1300 843 836 or SUBMIT your requirements online, for true support & options to suit your tailored specifications.
Any venue, any function, ANY location...
thousands of options - all in One Place
“Because your event success starts here, with our unrivalled connections”
Learn more about us & our story here