Thankyou for making our Planning Day a huge success. The team loved the venue and the lunch was amazing!! A very enjoyable day. I will definitely be recommending your venue to all my colleagues - the experience was fantastic!
So easy! Christmas Nutella Pie
Christmas is a time for sharing... so after exchanging recipe ideas with recent visitors to TheVenueShop.com (Patrick & Veronica from Rydges Hotel Group), accompanied by 2 of the cutest "Nutella loving" elves yet to grace our office, the elves put this festive recipe we found for a Nutella Christmas tree to the test.
We think they did an absolutely fab job! What a wonderful activity with the kids or last minute inspiration for a showstopping festive dessert. Check out pics & full recipe in today's blog. What a scrummy, oh so simple recipe - just the way we like it at Christmas!
Nutella Christmas Pier (Christmas Tree)
- Take 2 large sheets of puff pastry
- Cut into the outline of a Christmas tree (see images/video link HERE)
- Spread 1st pastry layer with Nutella, then sprinkle some crushed or flaked almonds
- Lay 2nd piece of pastry over the top
- Using a sharp knife, cut slits (approx 1.5-2cm wide) along each side of the Christmas tree to create "branches", leaving a"trunk" in the middle (2-4cm wide)
- Using your fingers, gently pick up the pastry branches one at a time, and twist. Repeat this for every branch evenly
- Using pastry cut-offs, cut out the shape of a star and place atop the "tree"
- Brush the top of the pastry thoroughly with an egg wash
- Bake for 20 minutes at 220 degrees
- Place of serving platter, dust with icing sugar and decorate as you see fit! A few blueberries and redcurrants or cranberries make a fabulous colourful and festive accompaniment...
If you are always on the lookout for simple entertaining ideas, or in particular are a #chocoholic like most of our Ultimate | TheVenueShop.com team, you may also like to try your hand at some "Peppermint Bark" - see link HERE
Drop us a line with any suggested twists on the original or pics of your finished product to share... or feel free to send a sample to our office for the team to "taste test" :-)
You may also enjoy our earlier BLOG on "How to Stay Calm This Festive Season" - check it out HERE
Like this article? Please share with your contacts
Because your event success starts here, with our unrivalled connections”
Learn more about us & our story here